Play Guitar The Way You Always Wanted
Have you always wanted to play guitar, but never got around to it?
Tried taking lessons before but gave up because they were ineffective?
Sick of trying to teach yourself and getting nowhere?
If you said yes to any of the above, then you probably feel frustrated that you can't play guitar the way you want.
Guitar is a fun and rewarding instrument, but with ineffective methods, conflicting information and bad teachers it can become confusing and overwhelming.
It also doesn't help when you see other people who seem to play with ease and you think "why can't that be me?" The good news is that it can be you!
You may think you have left it too long, but the truth is you can start guitar later in life and still develop all the skills you need to play your favourite songs and more.
You Aren't The Only One Who Has Struggled With Guitar
Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to play guitar. I eventually got some guitar lessons, but gave up because the teacher had no idea what he was doing. Years later I picked it up again, tried teaching myself and made a little bit of progress. It was better than learning from a bad teacher, but I still had no idea what I was doing. I eventually found a great teacher who helped me play everything I ever wanted, and demystified the world of guitar for me. When I began teaching guitar, I wanted to help people who had become stuck like I had, whether it be from teaching themselves or wasting time with bad teachers. I have been teaching for many years now and have helped many people just like you who thought they'd never be able to play, or that they had left it too long.
Common Problems When Learning Guitar
There are things that I can do, that Greg has taken only 5 minutes to show me that I didn't even think were possible. It blows me away some times.
I've improved a lot since I've taken up lessons with Greg. I started with trying to do it on my own with a video, but that wasn't working, and I've found my playing has improved significantly since taking lessons.
What You Get With These Guitar Lessons
- A FREE introductory guitar lesson where we can assess your strengths, weaknesses and goals and form a plan on how to overcome these obstacles. Most teachers expect you to pay for lessons before they know any of this!
- You will be getting guitar lessons from a teacher who actually tracks your progress, and knows your strengths and weakness instead of a teacher who doesn't pay attention to your progress.
- You will learn the right things at the right time and in the right way. Most teachers don't know how to do this, and will either give you items that are far too hard, or too simple.
- All lesson materials are professionally prepared and printed for you. No need for outdated method books and we don't waste time handwriting everything in your lessons!
- You will learn to play the guitar faster than trying to learn on your own.
- You will learn how to practice effectively and efficiently to gain great results in a short space of time. Practice skills is rarely taught by guitar teachers.
- You will get instant feed back on your playing in lessons so that you know that you do something right or are doing something wrong that you wouldn't be aware of yourself.
- You will learn skills that are relevant to your musical goals.
- You will gain motivation and inspiration to become the guitarist you have always wanted to become.
- You will understand how music works and how it can influence people's emotions.
- You will improve your musicality and your ear for music.
- You will have a lot of fun and gain a big sense of satisfaction during the process of learning and making music.
No! I have taught people in their 70s before. All you need is a desire to learn and a guitar, and I'll take care of the rest.
I'm a beginner. Do you take on beginners?
Of course! In fact, if you're a beginner, that's even better because you won't run the risk of learning bad habits that many self taught guitarists have.
What sort of guitar should I buy? Do I have to start off with an acoustic first?
If you do not currently own a guitar, then download my helpful guide on how to buy a guitar
What ages do you teach?
I'm left-handed. Will you be able to teach me?
Yes! Being left-handed will not set you back in anyway at all!
I work shift work. Do you teach weekends, or do you have flexible scheduling?
Yes! I have both flexible lesson schedules and lessons available on Saturdays.
I want to play [insert music style here]. Can you help me with that?
I specialise in rock, pop, blues and metal music. I do teach some basic jazz and classical, but only to a beginner level. If the style you are wanting to learn is not mentioned here, then you should seek out a specialist in that area.
How long until I can play the guitar?
I've always wanted to play guitar, and now I can write my own music. I started as an adult, you don't need to be a young kid to get started. I think being able to come up with my own phrases and licks is really good. I never thought I'd be able to do that.
Prior coming to Brunswick Guitar Lessons, I was a complete novice. When I bought this guitar, I took it home and did not know a single chord. I'm now able to look up music, and in 10 or 15 minutes I'm able to play the chords or the riffs and that's definitely from my lessons here.
Get started today! Click the button below and tell us a bit about yourself. We'll give you a free 30 minute, no-obligation guitar lesson.
P.S There's no better time to get started with guitar than right now. Click the button above, tell me a bit about yourself and get a free no-obligation guitar lesson.
P.P.S Still unsure? Click here to download a free article on how to choose a guitar teacher that best suits your needs